Ratcar

Q: What does one do when one has fake fur and an old RC car?
   
A: One makes a Ratcar.



It is both a rat and a car what more could one want!
I had a lot of fun building this and it was a great break project. The Ratcar has been halfway done on a shelf for about a year now, and I finally decided to finish it... Twelve-year-old me would be so proud.


A cute nose, little ears, and beady eyes...


Tires as feet...


And a long tail. 

How was it built?

The under structure was shaped with paper tubes covered with plastic for protection.
Then I draped fur on it and folded it and stitched it until it made the shape of the rat's body. I made sure to make a slit for the tail and also the antenna with is needed to make the rat move. Lastly, I covered the tail, added the ears, nose, and eyes, and put new batteries in the Ratcar. 


(Warning: If one makes a fake rat with fur, one will scare someone accidentally.)
(P.S. It might not have been an accident...)

Thank you for reading!

Comments